Saturday 30 December 2017

New sewing projects



I hope you all had a lovely Christmas, we did. What a mix of weather though. We were so lucky that Boxing Day and Thursday were sunny but cold as we had planned trips to the coast both days. Wednesday and Friday were awful with pouring rain all day.  Not too much on TV over Christmas but my top picks were Call The Midwife, Victoria and Little Women. It was a wonderful dramatisation of one of my favourite stories. 

We both had lots of DVDs, both films and box sets and lots of jigsaws too. One of the box sets was Downton Abbey, all 52 episodes. I remember that when it started we were on holiday and as I don't like watching a series when I have missed the start we never saw it. Everyone says how good it is so on Thursday we started watching and we were hooked straight away.

I haven't been in the craft room for over a week but I did cut out some material as I want to make some pincushions and needle cases and these are the first couple I made. I used a hexagon die. It took me a little bit of fiddling to work out which bits to sew together to complete the pincushion, which look exactly the same underneath. The needle case has a smaller white felt double hexagon inside.  I have my first hospital shop in February so I will be making some more of these before then.

Lynsey and her daughter are coming for lunch today and exchange presents as her daughter and husband were ill just before Christmas when we were meant to meet up.

17 comments:

Glennis F said...

Lovely projects Marianne - I too loved Downton Abbey, it was a great series

meg said...

great little sewing accessories Marianne, love the pincushion especially

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What lovely little sewing accessories, sure to be a hit on your stall.
Lorraine

KraftyKoolKat said...

Awesome creations Marianne. Yes I love Downton too. Shame there wasn't a Christmas one this year.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

rachel said...

Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas Marianne and I love your sewing projects - these are bound to sell well in the hospital shop! Big hugs rachel x

Janette said...

Love these pretty pin cushions, you should do well at the hos[pital shop with them, I hope anyway...
The weather has been quite mixed up all over, no snow for us and the children are not happy at all, as for the telly, forget it, what rubbish, all I really enjoyed was the midwife, which alway makes me cry, in a good way...fingers crossed for the new year...enjoy your day..xx

Christine Dol said...

Oh Marianne, I want the pincushion on the left!!! I love it!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fab pincushion and needle case, great work!
Happy New Year!

Linda Simpson said...

These are beautiful and I am sure will sell well in February.
Hugs
Linda xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely beautiful sewing accessories Marianne, another string to your bow. Love them, Kate x

Chrissy said...

I love your sweet pin cushions Marianne..they will be a good seller..I haven't been in my craftroom either as these kittens stop me when I get up there..I just have to stop and play with them..lol..

Luv CHRISSYxx

cotnob said...

Fabulous projects Marianne, lovely fabric.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Liz said...

Super projects, Marianne, they're sure to be popular in the hospital shop. My hubby had the DVD box set of Agatha Christie dramas for Christmas, so we're working our way through those - all 22 hours and 30 minutes worth!
Wishing you a Happy, Healthy and Creative 2018. xx

Janice said...

I can see why these are popular, they’re very pretty. You are very talented with your different crafts.
Janice x

Janice said...

I can see why these are popular, they’re very pretty. You are very talented with your different crafts.
Janice x

Unknown said...

Lovely sewing gifts Marianne, I plan to go through the Box set of Downton one day too....we didn't watch it when it was on TV as it isn't my hubby's 'thing' lol
Hugs Kaz xx

Fikreta said...

this is so great!